Forum.Sk8ordie
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum.Sk8ordie

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
TCL C74 Series 55C743 – TV 55” 4K QLED 144 Hz Google TV (Via ODR ...
499 €
Voir le deal

2009 antrim can/am championships

+17
Pascal
Phil
Ptit Max
maxim
-Pâte
Fredz
The Dude
Face de crabe
Louis
stefou
Pierre
Mig
Fromage Y'all
charleuh
seb
Pérusse
Kel
21 participants
Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant
AuteurMessage
Kel
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Kel

2009 antrim can/am championships Empty
MessageSujet: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeMar 23 Juin 2009 - 15:44

Citation :
Hi, Antrim Can/Am Skaters:

Let me be the first to welcome you back to Antrim for the 2009 Antrim Can/Am Slalom Championships! http://www.slalomskateboard.com

My race committee met last Monday for the first time, and we're getting our plans together.

EARLY CHANGES YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT:

o We're opening registration on July 1 and closing it when we reach 60 paid skaters. At that point we will put you on a wait list. You may cancel up to September 1, after which you lose your money. Sorry to have to do that, but we had too many bail last year and lost money on housing. And I got my weenie whacked.

o Registration will be handled on Active.com, a sports event registration site, not NCDSA. Will post the link as soon as it's active.

o Registration will ask you for your housing preferences and whether you want to find your own.

o Cost is $75.00, which as of this writing will include:
Meals ticket for:
Friday pizza party (family @$5.00 a head)
Saturday breakfast at the First Presbyterian Church
Saturday lunch on the hill by the Antrim Baptist Church
Saturday BBQ dinner at Tenney Farm
Sunday continental breakfast on the top of the hill

Free Camping:
At Seven Maples, same as last year. Five miles from Antrim, however, we don't have the bridge detour we had last time.
We have some tents available, like last year.

Free Dorm on cots: (UNCONFIRMED, BUT LIKELY)
At the Maharishi Academy. Very spartan, but clean, warm & dry. About 4 miles from downtown.

Party: We'll buy the basics. If you want Guiness, you're buying this year!

o We're adding a porta-potty at the top of the hill, and down by the grandstands, back in the corner. Also adding a changing booth (think Superman) at the top of the hill to avoid exposing classrooms full of kids. Remember -- no use of the school bathrooms this year!

o FYI, Southwest is now flying into Boston as well as Manchester. Pricing is typically cheaper into Manchester.

More details coming in the next few days as we hash through some things.

We look forward to hosting you again this year!

Brian Beihl
Antrim Chamber of Commerce
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Pérusse
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Pérusse

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Juin 2009 - 12:17

Citation :
We're opening registration on July 1 and closing it when we reach 60 paid skaters.

Shit ca va etre dure de s'enregistrer en meme temps de courrir a dovercourt.... je veut pas la manquer cette course la.
http://www.ffashop.com
Kel
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Kel

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeJeu 25 Juin 2009 - 12:20

Je me disais exactement la même chose... scratch
Kel
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Kel

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeJeu 2 Juil 2009 - 10:36

Quelqu'un a des nouvelles? Je ne trouves pas où m'enregistrer!
seb
Shredder!
Shredder!
seb

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeJeu 2 Juil 2009 - 10:45

Le liens n'a pas été posté encore. Ca va être posté sur NCDSA et ISSA et après le lien va être directement sur le site d'Antrim
http://www.fullbagskates.com
charleuh
Shredder!
Shredder!
charleuh

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeJeu 2 Juil 2009 - 10:48

Moi je peux aller là ?
Je vais avoir du fun, où c'est du top racing shizzle pis je vais faire 1 run puis plus rouler de la fin de semaine ?
Kel
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Kel

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeJeu 2 Juil 2009 - 11:15

Il y a 3 catégorie(ABC) ! Donc tu as quand même des chances de ne pas te faire sortir en premier bracket, le seul jour où tu peux te faire sortir est le jour 2. Le jour 1 il y a tes runs des qualifications et le jour 3 un GS single lane où tout le monde à le même nombre de runs.
Sérieux hésite pas pis inscrit toi ça vaut vraiment la peine, très beau trip pas cher: 75$ + possibilité d'hébergement pas cher ou gratuit avec pas mal de repas gratuits. Les tracés sont pas facile mais très faisable et la côte est juste trop parfaite, tu va prendre une grosse coche!
charleuh
Shredder!
Shredder!
charleuh

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeJeu 16 Juil 2009 - 18:17

Quand est-ce qu'on peut s'inscrire à Anthrim ?
Pérusse
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Pérusse

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeVen 17 Juil 2009 - 14:22

Je me posait justement la meme question je voudrais surtout pas manquer l'inscription...
Fromage Y'all
Shredder!
Shredder!

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeSam 18 Juil 2009 - 16:41

There is an Antrim outlaw next Saturday, with Sunday rain date.
Fromage Y'all
Shredder!
Shredder!

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeDim 26 Juil 2009 - 18:16

The city lost $2K last year due to no shows. Price went up, but still the best deal in racing.

Greetings Antrim Racers:

Well, we've finally opened the registration for the Antrim Can/Am Slalom Championships. I'm sorry for the delay. Find the registration at the Active.com address below, NOT NCDSA.

http://www.active.com/page/Event_Details.htm?event_id=1761780&assetId=1B3BC7FE-6BC7-428F-84FC-6F381770A488

Before you register, keep these important changes in mind.

o The Antrim Chamber of Commerce, trying to avoid the losses of last year, has made the registration ala carte. When you register, you will be asked to register for the race ($50.00, includes registration, T-shirt, party); the housing (camping/dormitory -- $50.00, two nights); and the meal package $30.00 (Friday night pizza party, Saturday breakfast, Saturday lunch, Saturday dinner, Sunday breakfast). The whole package is still pretty reasonable given local market, but is not as cheap as it has been due to sponsorship money being hard to come by this year.

o Registration will be limited to 64 racers. That's as many as we feel we can get down the hill in the time we have. We will be taking wait list names at [url]mailto: brianbeihl@slalomskateboard.com[/url]

o Registration is online payment only this year. If you need to cancel your registration, email me at [url]mailto: brianbeihl@slalomskateboard.com[/url] by September 1st and we'll refund your money, provided we have people on the wait list. After September 1, our housing and food is locked in and we can't give your money back.

o If you're really broke and can't afford the camping, please let me know privately by email and I'll find a spot for you.

o T-Shirt sizes, extra t-shirts, transportation from the airport, and housing options are all addressed on the online registration. If you have questions, comments or complaints (I have my Kevlar on), post here or by email.

Sorry for the late changes, but it was unfortunately out of my hands.

Thanks again for coming to Antrim, and I look forward to seeing you in September.

Brian Beihl, Antrim Chamber of Commerce
and the Antrim Can/Am Race Committee
seb
Shredder!
Shredder!
seb

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeDim 26 Juil 2009 - 18:50

Hey Joe,

Do you know why the event is not open anymore? I when to register and I saw the Pro, Open, Women, Jr's class. That suck's! I was super stoke last year to be able to qualify among the Pro's and to race against the all the way to the round of 8! The Year I decided to stay Am for the Worlds till I make my decision for next year.

Now I really have to choose if I stay in the AM Open class for the rest of the season of go Pro? This was something I wanted to think at the very end of the year.

Anyways If I go pro this at Antrim doesn't mean I will come back Pro next year.

Please confirm

Thanks

Seb
Fromage Y'all
Shredder!
Shredder!

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeDim 26 Juil 2009 - 21:26

Seb,

Brian does stuff every year without asking me. All the contests I run are "open". I suspect they were just options in the software and brian clicked them. I've emailed him for clarification and will report back.
Kel
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Kel

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeDim 26 Juil 2009 - 21:28

Seb! Je crois que t'as le talent pour rider pro!
Mais:
To Joe: ABC groups is the best since everybody has to qualify anyway!
Mig
Rang: Administrateur
Mig

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeDim 26 Juil 2009 - 21:35

I suspect someone (Pro or AM) complaining to Brian and making him change that without telling you... Wink Mr.Red

Some Pro who didn't like being beat by an Am or some Am getting lower in the rankings because of Pros... Laughing

I certainly vote for Open. thumleft
seb
Shredder!
Shredder!
seb

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeDim 26 Juil 2009 - 21:50

Mig a écrit:
I suspect someone (Pro or AM) complaining to Brian and making him change that without telling you... Wink Mr.Red

Some Pro who didn't like being beat by an Am or some Am getting lower in the rankings because of Pros... Laughing

Alors Mig tu t'inscrit dans le Open? Laughing
Mig
Mig

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeDim 26 Juil 2009 - 22:24

seb a écrit:
Mig a écrit:

Alors Mig tu t'inscrit dans le Open? Laughing
Ben oui, dans quoi veux-tu que je m'inscrive? Laughing Mais ce que je voulais dire, c'est que je veux qu'Antrim demeure une course Open comme ç'a toujours été...

Je ne me suis pas encore inscrit car il semble avoir un bug. Le site oubli de charger le $50 de base pour les frais d'inscription, et facture seulement les extras (logement et repas). J'ai averti Joe qui lui a averti Brian. On attends des nouvelles...
Kel
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Kel

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeDim 26 Juil 2009 - 23:06

Je me suis incrit et j'ai reçu un mail de Brian qui va faire des mises au point demain!
Mig
Mig

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeDim 26 Juil 2009 - 23:42

Posté par Joe sur NCDSA:

Citation :
*Important Notes on the Racing*

The sign up allows you to designate Pro, Open, Masters, Women. My intent is to have a, b, c, d groups in all one OPEN category. We may, MAY use the designations for singling out our fastest racer in a given class.

Again please expect our racing in one single class.

Expect to qualify Friday, followed by a bonus race along the lines of a 25-50 cones "one and done". Saturday is head to head. Sunday is GS and the beginner race.

I realize that we cannot please all racers, but I hope you will still attend and enjoy yourself.

Joe
Fromage Y'all
Shredder!
Shredder!

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeLun 27 Juil 2009 - 9:17

This is an issue I struggle with. If 64 racers arrive, we will have 4 groups of 16, a, b, c, and d. You race any man, woman, or child that qualifies as fast as you do. That seems fair.

But what about single lane races like GS? All 64 riders in the same group? I have seen races where they give out awards for the a, b, c in the GS, but that is different in my mind. that is just giving an award for 17th, 33rd.

In a dual race if you qualify 17th you don't get a prize, you have to race and race thru round of 16, 8, 4, and the finals to win. In my mind that is what deserves reward. Fighting to take the top spot in your bracket.

So, in GS maybe we can recognize top pro, top am, top master, top woman.

Anyone got any ideas?
Pierre
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Pierre

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeLun 27 Juil 2009 - 9:49

I registered as "Open" too, but for GS i dunno what would work best.

Maybe separate racers by weight classes? ;-)

Or

-Juniors (about 6-7 racers)
-Women (about 6-7 racers)
-Open (about 20 to 30 racers)
-Masters (about 15 to 25 racers)
http://www.kebbek.com
seb
Shredder!
Shredder!
seb

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeLun 27 Juil 2009 - 9:50

Fromage Y'all a écrit:

Anyone got any ideas?

This sound good to me. I think if we can split the 64 races in groups and work your way up the list is the best. No SANDBAGGING!!

Either way we will have a good time racin' and partying!

Me and Em are signed up! and ready to go bounce

Pierre a écrit:
]I registered as "Open"
I registered as a Pro Open Laughing
Mig
Mig

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeLun 27 Juil 2009 - 12:53

Here's my take on it.

Open qualifying split into A B C D groups for the brackets in dual racing is the best way to go. If I'm not mistaken, if the race is ISSA sanctioned as an Open race they don't care about the brackets and want the final results (if you finished 1st in the B, it makes you 17th in the Open) to award the points. But like you said, winners of the A B C D bracket should be rewarded/recognized since they fought through elimination rounds to obtain their ranking.

As far as the single lane (GS in Antrim's case), splitting into groups is unnecessary. We do it here for our outlaws just for the fun of it. We split the field in two for A and B but it doesn't really mean anything since you race the clock, not someone else. I think you should reward the top 3 GS finishers and maybe recognize in some way the fastest Am, Master, and Woman. I assume the fastest Pro will end up first in the Open anyway... Laughing
seb
Shredder!
Shredder!
seb

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeLun 27 Juil 2009 - 12:57

Mig a écrit:
Here's my take on it.

Open qualifying split into A B C D groups for the brackets in dual racing is the best way to go. If I'm not mistaken, if the race is ISSA sanctioned as an Open race they don't care about the brackets and want the final results (if you finished 1st in the B, it makes you 17th in the Open) to award the points. But like you said, winners of the A B C D bracket should be rewarded/recognized since they fought through elimination rounds to obtain their ranking.

As far as the single lane (GS in Antrim's case), splitting into groups is unnecessary. We do it here for our outlaws just for the fun of it. We split the field in two for A and B but it doesn't really mean anything since you race the clock, not someone else. I think you should reward the top 3 GS finishers and maybe recognize in some way the fastest Am, Master, and Woman. I assume the fastest Pro will end up first in the Open anyway... Laughing

Exactly thumright
Pérusse
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Pérusse

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitimeLun 27 Juil 2009 - 13:48

Je suis inscrit ! Open....la question ce pose meme pas dans mon cas hahaha ! J'ai vraiment hate d'y aller ca va me faire sortir un peut de la boutique !
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: 2009 antrim can/am championships   2009 antrim can/am championships Icon_minitime

2009 antrim can/am championships
Page 1 sur 4Aller à la page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Suivant