Forum.Sk8ordie
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum.Sk8ordie

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Cartes Pokémon 151 : où trouver le coffret Collection Alakazam-ex ?
Voir le deal

2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)

+4
Cknuck
Fromage Y'all
seb
Kel
8 participants
AuteurMessage
Kel
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Kel

2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Empty
MessageSujet: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeJeu 24 Sep 2009 - 21:12

Énormément d'avance mais ils sont en train de décider de la formule... des bonnes idées mais quelques parties qui font grincer des dents. Confused

Donald Campbell a écrit:
aug 20-22 sounds like a good date

since this will be the worlds i will come up with a very special format,a very demanding format.

or to say it like this:you gotta earn your wings!
it is very likely that we will run a 4 stop contest series across europe prior to the worlds.

a format of its own,very special final prizes at the last stop.

each country will present their best riders to the worlds committee which will be announced soon.

it won't be a one man show,it's gonna be formed out of 4 representatives from different countries.
there will be certain limitations on riders coming from each country.
an example:
england top 5
germany top 5
switzerland top 5
sweden top 10
latvia top 5
netherlands top 3
spain top 3
italy top 3
eastern countries top 8
usa/canada top 20
australia top 3
brazil top 3

women will be completely invitational-i can take care of that-and don't come into the count of riders for each country.
no juniors

just an example on how it will be
i will reserve the right to have wildcards for people i deem good enough to participate.
it should be a definite honor to join this contest for anybody who is allowed to do so.
the time has come to market the sport the right way.
i think this is the right way,so do others!
invited riders need to prepay their entry fee to a certain time in order to be allowed to participate too.part of the entry fee will go into tickets for riders from across the lake.
brixlegg will inivte certain folks that are good enough but can't afford it.

the other money goes into paid and schooled coneheads and a tight crew to run the contest.
prizes will be trophies,special trophies that will have a certain value!
no cheap pottery or any other garbage.
there will be very very prominent announcers.
a very special commemorative trophy will be handed to the top 3 overall winners.

there will be no pros or ams nobody is safe
pre races will determine the standings and the riders will be divided into groups.

courses will be gnarly as hell,especially the gs for sure,no kidding,this time its serious stuff for the speed freaks.
formats will be announced prior to the event.
this time i will make sure enough media is present and i definitely want to see more coverage than anybody else ever head
the whole contest will be live,on air,through several forums,visible for anybody across the world.
the entry fee won't be lower than 100 euros,that's the minimum i'm asking for.
a good working homepage which will also focus on the other 4 races.
very possible venues ath the moment are germany,england,switzerland.
i have to figure out the 4th venue.spain or italy would be of interest.
i trust that the people from those countries will read this and get in touch with me.

these races will serve as a prequalification/instant ticket to the worlds and hopefully encourage enough people to travel to other races again.

people i want to work with or already talked to are:

in europe:
chris hart
sam gordon
michael stride
marcus seyffarth
peter klang
dominik kowalski
henke( iguess mika will be in there too)

in the usa:
joe iacovelli
jonathan harms
cbark and the coss crew
eddy martinez

if this thing is performed the right way we will definitely have a very exciting next year with heat building up to the big final,namely the worlds.

the whole project requires something i call common sense.

i am open ears for anything constructive

i want to make slalom BIG next year.

or at least die trying

this whole project will only be realized with the help and input of anybody who cares about the sport!

the debate about how to get this project rolling will be held in workgroups among the countries and cced to the affiliated/involved parties.
all formats and rules/criteria will be brought to the publics attention via homepage

this circuit baby needs a name too
i would like to see a copy of the european thing happen in the us too.

there is a lot of work to be done NOW
e-mail conversation will start october 12th,i have to run a big contest the days before and after that i do have time!

what does it give?

anybody who wins in brixlegg f.e. can call himself the first true world champion,if-and that's the big question-everything works out as planned.
it's up to the riders to make this possible.

i will try to lay out the carpet with a very experienced crew of assistants and organizers,the best the sport has to offer right now.
in the end it's the riders who can make it happen and bring some recognition to this sport.

again... some of the points i mentioned are suggestions,but you get the drift...
Donald Campbell a écrit:
hey all
how do i start?
let's go like this
back at hog hill i had quite a few asking me to do brixlegg again,one week later i hear the same
question in germany too.so i call my good friend henrik in sweden and he's all ears.
then i call a few people in the good old us-positive comments...
then i i call jani,marcus s
so far only interested or very positive comments
i know that the brixlegg and the gog crew will work with me during the contest
jani would be involved with the timing at the race,corky is very likely to do the same-
so we are talking about quality timing and fast races(we will set some sick stuff there!)
brixlegg is not really expensive to live for a few days or a week,it's close to munich or innsbruck airports.

brixlegg wants us to come back too

we could have a 3 day event including the gs hill,a park race too,parties.
we could have a decent prize purse
we could have tv
we could have skate mags
we could do streaming videos on ss.com
and
and
and
people who attended brixlegg last time know how good the place is.

we could have the biggest race ever

i was very reluctant to do such a big thing again.

i'm not anymore.

so here's my fire for next year:
BRIXLEGG BLITZ STRIKES TWICE

it's on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lien vers le thread sur ISSA

J'aime l'idée de faire ça HUGE et d'inviter le top de partout et d'avoir du coverage, des gros cash prizes, etc...
Ce qui me déçoit:
"anybody who wins in brixlegg f.e. can call himself the first true world champion"
"women will be completely invitational-i can take care of that-and don't come into the count of riders for each country.
no juniors"
"i will reserve the right to have wildcards for people i deem good enough to participate."

Je suis d'accord que c'est bien qu'il tente que le sport step-up, mais je n'aime pas la façon dont laquelle il a l'air de se décrire comme le sauveur du sport et le premier à organiser des worlds crédibles... Selon lui le slalom est en mauvais état et a besoin de stepper up, mais il organise les championnats du monde et procède par invitation de sa bonne volonté pour les femmes et enraye complètement les juniors: What's wrong with him!

C'est cool qu'il veuille pousser le sport mais pas de junior aux worlds?...
L'événement qu'il organise à l'air débile et c'est clair que si il revient sur sa décision, c'est dans mes projets!

C'est quoi que vous en pensez?
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
seb
Shredder!
Shredder!
seb

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeVen 25 Sep 2009 - 12:30

Moi aussi je trouve que de ne pas avoir de Juniors au worlds c'est vraiment stupide. Il faux que les Juniors apprenne des Am et Pro. Gagner de l'expérience. C'est pour ça que j'ai coursé Am au Worlds cette année. Je voulais voir ou je me situais parmi les Pro et Am. D'exclure les Juniors des worlds et les faire courir dans le Open Am, C'est comme faire courir les filles contres les gars dans le Open. Ce n’est pas vraiment égale de faire ça (même si certainne des filles rip le shit contre les boyz... Lynn, Julie, Cat, Emi Wink ) De tout façon le sport n'est pas assez grand pour exclure 2 division ou de faire un championnat du monde Juniors comme en Snowboard ou en Surf.

Par contre le but à Donald ''le Roi du monde'' Il veut faire les plus gros Worlds championship de slalom au monde! Les worlds qu'on va parler jusqu'à la fin des temps... Blah blah blah... Il veux faire comme les Olympique. Juste les meilleurs de chaque pays point! Pas de filles, pas de Juniors. Le moins compliquer pour lui le mieux que c'est.

J'ai vraiment le goût de planifier mon voyage en Autriche pour les worlds de 2010 mais je trouve ça plate pour les ceux qu’ils ne pourront pas y aller à cause des règlements à Mr Campbell. Tout le monde on le droit d'aller au Worlds, je crois que le tracé doit déterminer si tu est capable ou pas.

that's what I think.

S. Leger

PS: Kel si tu veux, tu es capable maintenant d'aller dans le AM. Tu à beaucoup de potentiel de kicker des culs dans le Am thumright rambo
http://www.fullbagskates.com
Kel
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Kel

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeVen 25 Sep 2009 - 13:34

seb a écrit:

PS: Kel si tu veux, tu es capable maintenant d'aller dans le AM. Tu à beaucoup de potentiel de kicker des culs dans le Am thumright rambo
Merci beaucoup Seb Very Happy
Ça va dépendre des courses pour la saison prochaine!
Dépendant du calibre des participants du juniors, si il est élevé (genre Gabe et Dan Duquet, Keith Henderson, etc.) je trouve ça cool de m'inscrire dans junior quand je suis assuré d'avoir des heats vraiment serrés avec des gars avec qui j'aime rider! De toute façon on est encore dans la saison 2009 Smile pas de stress on va bien voir comment ça va aller!

seb a écrit:
Juste les meilleurs de chaque pays point! Pas de filles, pas de Juniors. Le moins compliquer pour lui le mieux que c'est.
En fait, il veux faire une catégorie pour les filles, mais pas de sélections comme pour les gars, sur invitation de sa bonne personne de qui mérite de se faire donner le privilège de rider aux worlds Confused
Pour le Junior class, je trouve qu'il est important de faire la distinction entre beginner class (comme les course de débutants ou mid courses de cette année à Antrim et autres truc du genre) Pour le beginner class, je peux être d'accord qu'il n'y en ait pas au worlds: c'est pour ceux qui commencent et leur donner le goût de courser. Dans le junior class, il y a plein de rider qui sont capable de bien rider les même traçés que tout le monde, mais n'ont pas l'expérience de rider contre les tops AM qui ride depuis 5-10 ans de plus qu'eux.
seb a écrit:
De tout façon le sport n'est pas assez grand pour exclure 2 division ou de faire un championnat du monde Juniors comme en Snowboard ou en Surf.

Il veux faire comme les Olympique. Juste les meilleurs de chaque pays point!

Tout le monde on le droit d'aller au Worlds, je crois que le tracé doit déterminer si tu est capable ou pas.

En fait, il veut faire des courses de sélections (4 je crois, pour l'europe et je ne sais pas combien pour l'Amérique)
Ça veut dire que ces courses excluraient les juniors et les filles car elles sont sélectionnés par Campbell.
Si il ne fait qu'une course de sélection, ça vient difficile pour un paquet de gens qui reste loin de cette course pour qui c'est difficile de faire plus qu'un gros skate trip par année.
Sam Gordon a écrit:

With there being fewer folks at the Worlds this year, it suggests that it is regarded as 'just another race.' Where is the kudos? Did the best racers go? The field at the European Championships was bigger and offered at least a similar standard. If the Worlds has lost its position of respect, then what does being World Champion mean? Surely it should be made attractive again so that racers strive to go to this event above all others. You race to win, so the Worlds gives you the chance of being top of the heap.
Malheureusement la dedans je crois qu'il y a peu être un peu de vrai Question
Si on part de ça, l'idée de faire ça pour les meilleurs est pas complètement mauvaise du fait que c'est quand même les worlds.
Mais exclure deux divisions qui sont considérés aussi importante dans la majorité des sports sous prétexte de sauver le slalom et sa réputation... ÇA c'est à côté de la track pour "le sauveur du slalom qui donnera l'occasion à celui qui gagne sa course d'être le premier VRAI champion du monde crédible qui l'a vraiment mérité" Neutral
Fromage Y'all
Shredder!
Shredder!

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeVen 25 Sep 2009 - 15:23

2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_exclaim 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_exclaim Kel, don't get upset yet2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_exclaim 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_exclaim

Donald can call this race the World Championships, but that does not mean that it is the ISSA approved World Championships. Excluding juniors will surely make it not the ISSA World Championships. There are all kinds of laws and rules within the ISSA that will make that not happen. In fact, I doubt it will even be a legal ISSA race.

Do you understand that? I am calling the Farm the World Outlaw Championships next year, but it doesn't make it any more or less important the the Canadian American Championships we just went to. (I guess you Kel are the Can Am Junior Champ)2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_smile

BUT

What you don't know Kel, is that after 10 years of races, we are really no further along then we were 5 years ago. People come and go, our numbers may be a little bigger, but not in any significant way. We have failed to attract any major sponsors, even the sponsorship we've enjoyed from within our community has dwindled. The Farm used to get boxes of swag, now I have to kiss ass to get a set of wheels (Fullbag and Fatboy keep stepping up, but how long can they keep it up?).

I for one am worn out, tired, and let down that my hardwork, while generating enjoyment for my friends, hasn't really gotten us anywhere. It takes months to put a race together, and as you saw Mig running the timing, almost 100% focus on race day.

What if we had sponsors? What if Rolex (or Timex or Swatch) sponsored the timing? Less work for us and more exposure, right? But you have to have a package to sell. Me ridding down the hill is not that package. Joyce Wheldrake is not that package. Louis, George, Seb, and whoever else can qualify does. The fastest in the world makes the best package.

Now do I agree that you, the Duquette's, and some of the young Euro's could make a good show? I do agree that, and I think Donald is wrong, but it is his race to put on, unless he asks for ISSA sanction. Then he has to live by the rules or work to change them.

SO2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_exclaim Do not work to protest Donald's race (he will do whatever he wants), work to set up a race in Quebec. Run it how you think it should be. You can influence change with your good work too. I know you are just one guy (so is Donald, so am I), but you have lots of friends2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_biggrin
seb
Shredder!
Shredder!
seb

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeVen 25 Sep 2009 - 16:02

Word!
Kel
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Kel

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeVen 25 Sep 2009 - 16:24

Joe, theses are very good points.
I didn't known that Brixlegg wasn't an ISSA sanctionned race.
I do not work to protest Donald's work, I think it's a good idea to make worlds championships big with the fastest guys around. The thing I was protesting about was the idea to exclude junior's of the world championships.

If I understand correctly, you're saying that chances are good that there's gonna be two Worlds (ISSA and Brixlegg)? Without wanting to play the devil's advocat, it's getting confusing.

Thank you once again for the great races you're putting on, please do not give up doing that, these's are so much fun and that's the main reason I am skateboarding, over the fact of going to world championships, the fun! Smile

Now I will try to put on a race in Quebec this winter, or at least try to find the time to: you know how much work it is! Wink

Hope to see you skating in Quebec soon! Very Happy
Fromage Y'all
Shredder!
Shredder!

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeVen 25 Sep 2009 - 17:46

Kel,

I cannot say for sure that there will be two, but as the rules stand right now, Donald's WC could not be the official ISSA WC. The ISSA ranks juniors and you cannot have an ISSA WC without them.

So we can say Donald's race will probably not be the ISSA WC. WIll there be an ISSA WC? Someone has to raise their hand and ask permission to run the WC. I hope that will happen, it has happened for the past 8-9 years, but still depend upon someone asking for the honor.

AND

Lots of times when people suggest I do my races better, I tell them to fuck off. Go run your own race. I do not mean that to you. Montreal and Quebec are such great places to visit. Ottawa is kinda lame. Lets see the Cananda Day Race (or John the Baptist Day) in Quebec. You are not too young to make a difference. Sometimes us old guys need a young guy to kick us in the ass, just don't be afraid to accept some work. My whole family helps me with the Farm, get your mom, dad, and 100 girlfriends involved2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Fresse
Cknuck
Noob!
Noob!

MessageSujet: ISSA Forum!   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeLun 2 Nov 2009 - 18:58

S.V.P. suiver le poste que j'ai mis sur le site ISSA pour un alternative aux Championat Mondiale 2010 pour le reste du monde!
Kel
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Kel

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeLun 2 Nov 2009 - 21:02

Merci du post Claude! Smile
Louis
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Louis

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeMer 3 Mar 2010 - 15:26

Les choses changent!

Pris sur Silverfish

Donald Cambell écrit:
" we will host 2 races with different ramps and so on
one invitational and one open for everybody,we will also be sanctioned b the issa now.
just working on the homepage,please stay tuned for further updates..."

J'ai bien hâte de voir comment cela va se terminer.

Dernière édition par King du Flat le Mer 3 Mar 2010 - 15:54, édité 1 fois
http://www.fullbagskates.com/
Kel
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Kel

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeMer 3 Mar 2010 - 15:32

De mieux en mieux!
J'aimerais ça! Very Happy
Mig
Rang: Administrateur
Mig

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeMer 3 Mar 2010 - 16:26

King du Flat a écrit:
Les choses changent!

J'ai bien hâte de voir comment cela va se terminer.
Ce que j'ai entendu à travers les branches:

-Première course ouverte à tous et sanctionné par la ISSA.
-Deuxième course sur invitation et PAS sanctionné par la ISSA.
-Quelques places dans la deuxième course pourraient être réservées pour des coureurs qui se démarqueront lors de la première course, et qui n'avaient pas été invités pour la deuxième.
Louis
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Louis

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeMer 3 Mar 2010 - 18:51

5 places pour le moment.
Donald a écrit:
" to the interested readers:
brixlegg will be the host of 2 races in different formats this year.
there will be one open class race druing this 3 day event starting 8am-2pm every day.everybody can participate!!!
groups will be men and women only,no masters,no juniors.
starts will be done from regular height ramps and courses will be set according to existing issa rules.
expect money and special prizes there.
the
invitational event will start at 2pm and will take place on the same
venues but with different,more challenging courses and higher speeds
involved.ramp height will be approx.7 ft.
as a bonus we want to invite the 5 fastest open class racers over to the race event in the afternoon.
no cone penalties here,but a limitation on how many cones you are allowed to throw.fastest time counts.
new elimination format for this race and implementation of the "hot seat".
brixlegg
has the best gs course in europe and besides that it is known for its
famous skatepark,good accomodations,excellent infrastructure.
i will keep each and everybody posted about the progress of the race and about interesting news on this project.
please also visit:www.brixlegg-championships.com on march. "
http://www.fullbagskates.com/
l'allemand
Shredder!
Shredder!
l'allemand

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeMer 3 Mar 2010 - 18:52

est ce que ya des chances que je vois quelqu'un du Forum là-bas?
Kel
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Kel

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeMer 3 Mar 2010 - 19:20

Possible Rolling Eyes !
Pérusse
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Pérusse

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitimeJeu 4 Mar 2010 - 18:17

l'allemand a écrit:
est ce que ya des chances que je vois quelqu'un du Forum là-bas?

King du flat très probable !
http://www.ffashop.com
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: 2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)   2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche) Icon_minitime

2010 Worlds Championships à Brixlegg (Autriche)
Page 1 sur 1