Forum.Sk8ordie
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum.Sk8ordie

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
Le Deal du moment :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : ...
Voir le deal

NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010

5 participants
AuteurMessage
wavechasseur
Noob!
Noob!

NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Empty
MessageSujet: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitimeDim 2 Mai 2010 - 19:43

Announcing the launch of the Northeast Skateboard Racing Association (NESRA).

We have a website at www.sk8racing.com that should be live by late Monday 5/3/2010 for sign-ups and more info.

We will be holding a series of skateboard racing events around the Northeast United States and possibly in Canada, this spring, summer and fall.

Right now the venues include Burlington, VT, Antrim, NH and Holyoke, MA, but we hope to add at least one or two more races if possible. Contact us at info@cloudtenweb.com if you think you have a good race venue and want to see about us helping you host a race in our series.

The Burlington, Vermont race is scheduled for Saturday, May 15th, with a rain date of Sunday May 16th. Registration is from 9:30AM - 10AM, racer's meeting at 10:15, GS practice at 10:30. This is an "outlaw" race so there is a bust factor - for that reason, you must contact us at info@cloudtenweb.com for more info and directions to the event venue. Disciplines will be Giant Slalom, Super-Giant Slalom and a Sport Downhill.

All races will be single-lane, electronically timed, with each racer getting three runs per discipline. The course is 900 feet long. The GS course has 40 cones, the Super-G 20 cones, and the Downhill will use "cone features" to make extra turns in what is already an "S" shaped road. All races will use the Green Mountain Bomb Squad 5-foot high start ramp - with a transition suitable for even the lowest and longest of Downhill boards. The race road is fairly steep in the middle, with top speeds in the Downhill expected to be about 40mph, about 35 for the Super-G and 30 for the GS. There is a beautiful runout around a roundhouse right turn and up an incline - no foot braking required. A "B" push-start (all races) will be available for those who find the ramp and entire hill too daunting, or you can push-start from the top if you choose. Classes will be Open A and B only, with trophies for the top three places in each.

There will be a season points series. To qualify for the points series, you must contribute a minimum $5 donation at each event - all these funds go to the event organizer's choice of charity. You must also attend 2 of the 3 currently scheduled events (or 2 of 4, or 3 of 5 if we hold more races) with each racer's four highest finishes, no matter which discipline the finishes are in, counting towards a season championship and prizes. Stay tuned for more info on this!

If you have never raced a skateboard before, come see what it is all about. You will have world-ranked skateboard racers to talk to about equipment, techniques and where other races are being held.

The mimimum $5 donations we gather at the Burlington race will to go to the Downhillbillie's own Mr. Marion Karr's "Surf 2 the Surf" skateboard push-trip across North Carolina this coming summer, to raise awareness of brain injury victims and to benefit "Hinds Feet Farm", an organization that provides "Unique and Innovative Programs for Adults with Traumatic and Acquired Brain Injuries and Their Families".

Ok, let's ROCK!
-Rick

NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Burlington_bomb
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.cloudtenweb.com
wavechasseur
Noob!
Noob!

MessageSujet: Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitimeMar 4 Mai 2010 - 19:41

OK - www.sk8racing.com is live...and the sign-up for the Burlington Bomb is on the NCDSA site here:

http://67.139.161.195/contest_registration.asp?ContestID=460

Come on down!

-RF
Pierre
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Pierre

MessageSujet: Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitimeMar 4 Mai 2010 - 22:20

Good job rick!
I will try to make it, but it's not approved by my pregnant boss...
http://www.kebbek.com
Mig
Rang: Administrateur
Mig

MessageSujet: Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitimeMer 5 Mai 2010 - 2:03

I'm very interested Rick. thumleft
http://www.fullbagskates.com
seb
Shredder!
Shredder!
seb

MessageSujet: Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitimeMer 5 Mai 2010 - 8:24

NESRA!! I LIKE!! cheers

Good job brahh! Unfortunately I'll be sherding some waves that week-end down in CR.

Have fun!

S.
wavechasseur
Noob!
Noob!

MessageSujet: Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitimeMer 5 Mai 2010 - 10:41

seb a écrit:
NESRA!! I LIKE!! cheers

Good job brahh! Unfortunately I'll be sherding some waves that week-end down in CR.

Have fun!

S.

Yeah..."unfortunately"...LOL...rip that CR water Seb!!

See you in QC?

-RF
wavechasseur
Noob!
Noob!

MessageSujet: Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitimeMer 5 Mai 2010 - 10:47

Mig a écrit:
I'm very interested Rick. thumleft

Cool! We decided to call it "Northeast" instead of "New England" SRA so we can add events in Canada, NY, Jersey, even DC. I know that technically you guys are "Southeast" Canada, but you are still Northeast North America. Bad)

I hope to eventually have vids and photos of NE races on the website, pro sk8er written "tips", full schedule and results, links to other sk8 sites - like www.fullbagskates.com - and also use the site to promote bigger regional races like Antrim / Ottawa / Farm.

-RF
Fromage Y'all
Shredder!
Shredder!

MessageSujet: Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitimeMer 5 Mai 2010 - 12:33

Bravo Rick

A lot of us remember how fun the Farm Series was, this sound like the same thing, just better organized NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_lol

I hope the Frenchies will include it in the series, we can include the Farm too as long as I don't have to track the points.

Also, if you can manage a kids race as part of any of these, Fatty has promised sponsorship.

Joe
wavechasseur
Noob!
Noob!

MessageSujet: Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitimeMer 5 Mai 2010 - 13:06

Fromage Y'all a écrit:
Bravo Rick

A lot of us remember how fun the Farm Series was, this sound like the same thing, just better organized NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_lol

I hope the Frenchies will include it in the series, we can include the Farm too as long as I don't have to track the points.

Also, if you can manage a kids race as part of any of these, Fatty has promised sponsorship.

Joe

Thanks Joe! Don't judge the organization until we actually have an event....we'll see...I expect a learning curve. Bad)

Dan, Dave and I discussed combo race/clinics at these events - our location is not good for that, but we hope to do it at Antrim and Holyoke. Need some kids first.

Let's talk more by phone about how to work in other races.

I got a big box of broken boards/wheels/trucks from a local skateshop last night - we are having a trophy-making party in Tom's garage this weekend.

We thought about putting a single can of beer in the middle of the road and having everyone race to it at once...but we thought it might be too dangerous. ;-)

-RF
Fromage Y'all
Shredder!
Shredder!

MessageSujet: Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitimeMer 5 Mai 2010 - 15:01

wavechasseur a écrit:
We Thought about putting a single can of beer in the middle of the road and everyone HAVING race to it at once ... but we Thought it Might Be Too dangerous. ;-)

-RF

You need to work your way up to that level of jack assedryNESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_geek
Mig
Rang: Administrateur
Mig

MessageSujet: Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitimeMer 5 Mai 2010 - 15:57

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Who grabbed the bouncing beer last year? Was it Brian Peck or Duquette? I can't remember...
Fromage Y'all
Shredder!
Shredder!

MessageSujet: Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitimeMer 5 Mai 2010 - 16:43

Duquette was first to the cone, but since his hand has never held a beer before, he dropped it. It bounced into Peck's third place hands. I think I invented this new finish line and I'm really proud of it.

If any of you have evidence to the contrary, keep it to yourself, I'm going to ignore it anyway.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010   NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010 Icon_minitime

NESRA Notice of Race - Burlington, VT 5/15/2010
Page 1 sur 1