Forum.Sk8ordie
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Forum.Sk8ordie

AccueilRechercherDernières imagesS'enregistrerConnexion
-39%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Pack Home Cinéma Magnat Monitor : Ampli DENON AVR-X2800H, Enceinte ...
1190 € 1950 €
Voir le deal

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie

+2
Pierre
Mig
6 participants
AuteurMessage
Mig
Rang: Administrateur
Mig

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Empty
MessageSujet: Slalom Outlaw en Georgie   Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Icon_minitimeMer 8 Fév 2006 - 12:44

Vidéo de la dernière course des Down South Boys. C'est pas mal cool car ils ont plein de nouveaux adeptes. Checker la run de Bobby Mandarino vers la fin, y était dans une classe à part... Mr.Red

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6307993194593528863
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
http://www.fullbagskates.com
Pierre
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Pierre

MessageSujet: Re: Slalom Outlaw en Georgie   Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Icon_minitimeMer 8 Fév 2006 - 13:11

Cool Mig! c'est rien pour arranger mon état de manque de cones...

J'ai hate!!
http://www.kebbek.com
Face de crabe
Shredder!
Shredder!
Face de crabe

MessageSujet: Re: Slalom Outlaw en Georgie   Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Icon_minitimeMer 8 Fév 2006 - 13:25

Mig, pierre...toute la gang....
AYAYAYE...mes jambes shake quand je les regarde aller....

....il est vraiment trop drôle le tout mince en vert et bleu!
Mig
Rang: Administrateur
Mig

MessageSujet: Re: Slalom Outlaw en Georgie   Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Icon_minitimeMer 8 Fév 2006 - 14:12

Face de crabe a écrit:
....il est vraiment trop drôle le tout mince en vert et bleu!
C'est Wesley! Super cool comme bonhomme. C'est vraiment un passionné de slalom depuis les années 70. Il était à The Farm l'été passé. C'est un des rares à encore utiliser le "parallel stance", ça c'est vraiment old school! Mr.Red
http://www.fullbagskates.com
Ben
Shredder!
Shredder!
Ben

MessageSujet: Re: Slalom Outlaw en Georgie   Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Icon_minitimeMer 8 Fév 2006 - 14:22

En tout cas, y'était serré leur parcourt, pas grand place à l'erreur. Je crois que si j'en faisais, j'aimerais mieux les parcourt plus gs question d'avoir le temps de pomper un peu les virages.
Reggie
Shredder!
Shredder!
Reggie

MessageSujet: Re: Slalom Outlaw en Georgie   Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Icon_minitimeMer 8 Fév 2006 - 18:20

J'ai trop aimé voir la dernière run de Wesley Tucker !!!
Même si c'est pas mon genre, faut dire que le gars a beaucoup de style.
C'est hot de le voir zizzagguer entre les cônes les pieds parallèles.

Par toutatis, ça donne envi d'en faire !!!

J'ai trouvé sur un autre forum une photo de Wesley Tucker quand il était plus jeune. (1980)

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Wesley19807qs

cheers
Pierre
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Pierre

MessageSujet: Re: Slalom Outlaw en Georgie   Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Icon_minitimeJeu 9 Fév 2006 - 9:02

En parlant de Wesley, il a posté un superbe compte rendu de sa visite chez Rick Howell (Ick Sticks), je me permet de le placer ici:

Parallel Man a écrit:
(I posted this on SS.com. Figgered I copy it here since the discussion got started yesterday.)

I spent my 45th birthday in California at the home of Rick and Carin Howell. Rick "Ick" has been handcrafting skateboards for over 30 years (his first attempt was in shop class in high school in 1972.) He is truly an artist whose works are in fiberglas and foam.

Rick was kind enough to pick me up at the airport in his new Ford sporting what can only be a unique and unmistakable personal license plate:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-01

Recently I ordered some new Icks from Rick and when I arrived the first thing I saw was the "Ick Workshop" where Rick wields his magic:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-03

These wooden templates are the various shapes needed to accurately rout out the foam core necessary as the backbone for the boards. Whether it's a standard design or a custom (like mine,) it all starts with woodcraft.

On the wall next to the workbench are what could best be described as an "archive" of Icks both past and present. Rick has more skateboard history in his garage than you could find adding up all the skate treasures on the East Coast!

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-02

Laying on the table were the "rough layups" of two of my new boards. Identified as anything from the "diamond" to the "coffin," I prefer calling my shape the "Kite Board." I missed the chance to see Rick actually rout out the foam and lay on the glas, but I was happy seeing as much work had progressed as there was when I arrived:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-04

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-05

The core is completely wrapped in glas with the excess still around the edges. The tops are a gorgeous mirror-finish but the underside is still "raw."

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-06

Although working with traditional materials, Rick is not afraid to innovate and do what's necessary to produce a product that is as contemporary as anything else on the market, if not a little more advanced. Rick is incorporating carbon fiber reinforcement "strips" in his board and add support but don't reduce or affect the "snap" that is the trademark of an Ick's flex:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-07

Another example of Rick thinking ahead is the manner he reinforces his boards to support the mounting hardware. When routing out the foam, he pre-drills big 1/2-inch holes in the foam. Then when laying up the glas he fills these holes with solid fibreglas and carbon material. This provides solid footing for the hardware without the possibility of crushing the foam:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-08

It's important, though, when ordering your Ick to be specific about wheelbases and drilling options. Just poking holes into the Ick later might miss the footing and you'll run the risk of crushing the board if you crank down too hard with the nut and bolt.

The mounting holes are prepared next. Rick has a custom tool for always getting the holes square and straight in his boards. He's quite proud of the little doohickey that Tay Hunt's father worked up for him many years ago. It's easy to use and works like a charm:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-09

This closeup shows the guides and lock nut assembly that keeps it all in place on the slider bar:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-10

After drilling, a grease pencil is used to draw out the shape of the board on top. The edge of the board is wider than the foam core, so getting this done accurately and square is imperative:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-12

Rick is working on two boards at once. He was a little concerned when he realized he only had a RED grease pencil to scribe out a RED board. Fortunately, digging around the shop he found a black one and work proceded apace:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-11

Next up is the rough cut. Rick moves outdoors for better ventilation and gets his grinding wheel tool to shape out the board. He runs the wheel just to the outside of the pencil line so as not to cut too deep into the shape:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-13

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-14

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-15

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-16

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-17

After getting the rough shape, the sander comes out to finish off the edge down to the pencil line. Rick worked the sander like a sculptor works a chisel. He never let up, bore down or took his eye off the edge. To go all the way around both boards and create a perfect rail took about 10 minutes for each one:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-18

Next up was sanding and finishing the bottom. Again, Rick worked both the sanding wheel and hand sanding with a finesse and ease I can't begin to match. When he was finished after less than 10 minutes on both boards the unpainted bottom and rails were perfect and without a flaw:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-19

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-20

That night the weather and climate conditions were perfect for the final coat for the bottom of the boards. Rick is fanatical about no wind, no dust floating in the air, perfect humidity and ideal conditions for working on his boards. If it's not just right, he won't work. It seems in business today there is a motto of, "there's never enough time to do it, but there's always enough time to do it twice." Rick doesn't lets impatience get in the way of producing a stellar board. I should have these two beauties at the house by the end of the week:

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie MakeAnIck-21

Oh, and now Rick has to start all over again with two more for me: a medium flex and firm flex edition of his 37" swallow tail long boards. One will be California Gold and the other British Racing Green. I can't wait for the end result!
Rick
Shredder!
Shredder!
Rick

MessageSujet: Re: Slalom Outlaw en Georgie   Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Icon_minitimeJeu 9 Fév 2006 - 9:44

Merci Papounet pour ce post ça me donne le gout de commencer à shaper des foam cores. Comme je peux voir cela n'est pas très
difficile. Il suffit d'avoir la bonne recette. Ma grosse intérogation était l'épaisseur du foam.

Les bandes noirs esce que c'est du quévlar?

P.S. J'ai un bon début mon Nick-name is RICK

Comment de dodo tu disais?????

bounce bounce bounce bounce Rick
Reggie
Shredder!
Shredder!
Reggie

MessageSujet: Re: Slalom Outlaw en Georgie   Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Icon_minitimeJeu 9 Fév 2006 - 10:06

Rick a écrit:

Rick

J'ai compris que c'était du de la fibre de carbone... c'est peut être la même chose ?

scratch
Pierre
Respect the OG's!
Respect the OG's!
Pierre

MessageSujet: Re: Slalom Outlaw en Georgie   Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Icon_minitimeJeu 9 Fév 2006 - 10:12

Rick a écrit:
Merci Papounet pour ce post ça me donne le gout de commencer à shaper des foam cores. Comme je peux voir cela n'est pas très
difficile. Il suffit d'avoir la bonne recette. Ma grosse intérogation était l'épaisseur du foam.

P.S. J'ai un bon début mon Nick-name is RICK

Comment de dodo tu disais?????

bounce bounce bounce bounce Rick

Si t'as le gout de te lancer dans la production foam tu va avoit un bon carnet de commande!!

Si ya un gars ici capable de faire ça c'est ben toi, excellent!! thumright

En moyenne le foam a 0.5" d'épais, il ne sert qu'à espacer le top du board et le fond, plus la «boite»sera épaisse, plus le board sera stiff, il y a tout un jeu à faire aussi avec les matériaux choisis et l'épaisseur de la fibre bien sur.
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Slalom Outlaw en Georgie   Slalom Outlaw en Georgie Icon_minitime

Slalom Outlaw en Georgie
Page 1 sur 1